November 6, 2010

THis is what I do at work...


Working at a book store has its good times~

So I just became a finalist for the 10-10-10 Santa Barbara International Film Festival Competition. Whatever happens, my film will be made and screened at the festival in Feburary, mark your calendars.

Theres a red carpet and a press confrence and everything.

I also believe that winning means a scholarship? but I'm not sure yet.

My mentor that I;m working with is Robert Lewis who was a major director/writer in the 80s. And I love the 80s.

EXCITED!!!!

7 comments:

Amanda Rudow said...

Oooh, nice one! What's the name of your bookstore?

MaryJane said...

Borders. :)

Amanda Rudow said...

Wow. I LOVE Borders. I remember once wandering into one in Hawaii and emerging like, 6 hours later, with a huge sack of books. The selection was really great.

What's your screenplay about, then?

Ang Johnson said...

yay! im so happy for u. a scholarship would be soo amazing. u smartie panties

MaryJane said...

COME VISIT ME AT BORDERZZZZ!!!! im making bank....not really. just lots of reading.

I have a feeling my screenplay will be extremely dramatic "Precious" style. Ange knows.

CAN YOU IMAGINE ME AT NYU FILM ACADEMY or even USC!!!???? fucking a!!!!

Amanda Rudow said...

That would be fucking brilliant... you seem to have found your niche. Would you continue to pursue acting if this screen-writing thing takes off for real?

I wish I could do screenplays... don't have the right kind of mind for them, though.

MaryJane said...

acting is bullshit. It really is. I thot I was good at it, but its complete bullshit. People who call it "art" really have no idea...

But screenwriting? or mostly filmmaking (which is really what I want to do) is creating something rather than just doing what youre told. I know that sounds like bullshit too.... :)

I think screenwiting is more of a visualization thing than anything. You write novels, but I...see them?